Express RIP v12 is the only native PostScript and native PDF Interpreter in the Market, it comes from Global Graphics, called Harlequin Scriptwork. Compose licensed the RIP and called it Express RIP for the last 30 years. It is the fastest interpreter in the market filled with loads of features including unique screening enhancement for Inkjet printing.
Compose was the first using Harlequin RIP in production systems since 1988. Many years later, it is now at the heart of many well-known machines including digital presses such as HP Indigo, Memjet, Roland and Durst. . . It becomes one of the most powerful RIP solutions for Inkjet printing, label Printing, variable data printing and commercial printing for books. It’s the ideal RIP engine to put dots on any substrates including, paper, film, textiles, ceramic, plastics, and bottles.
Express RIP solution is scalable to suit the market requirement, it can be offered in a multiple RIP situation to step up the ripping power, or printing variable data on labels such as Hang Tags labels, or security printing involving QR codes.
o Express RIP support 1 bit or 8 bit Tiff.
o Express RIP can also output BMP in 1, 2, 3, 4, 8 bit format.
o Native support for PDF 1.6 through to PDF 2.0, also PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-3 and PDF/X- 4, PDF/VT
o Choice of raster and vector in-Rip trapping options.
o Supports multiple input channels - NT Print, NT Pipe, Spool folder, Socket TCP/IP, and Serial port.
o Compose offer services to create customer’s defined format.
o High performance simultaneously RIP and print, multiple RIPs solution for heavy duty production system.
o Improved multi-threaded rendering for multi core technologies, ensuring it can keep up with all the highspeed printing heads such as Kyocera and Fuji Samba.
o Multiple screening options, including 2 bit and 3 bit screening for modern Inkjet heads.
o Compose provides support well over 200 output devices including modern Inkjet heads and different unique interfaces.
Express RIP can be multi-threaded, allowing different tasked to be performed simultaneously. Multi threads allow the RIP to execute PS/PDF rendering, and at the same time carry out transparency combination, trapping and output to Print devices at the same time.
Express RIP is also equipped with an advance feature to support Variable data printing when there is a static background. Only the variable data element is processed one record at a time. By saving the time to rip the static background, one can gain a lot of productivity time using this method particularly in Label Printing.
Advanced Screening Technology
Harlequin Precision screening (HPS) – it is a traditional screening technology with a clear rosette in the view, showing how the CMYK dots are placed. Harlequin has many screening pattern available for different type of printing requirement
Express RIP can also support Inkjet Printing by offering 2, 3, 4 bit dots, this time it is called by Super fine, Fine, . . . as example below.
To some advanced users, they may prefer to use HXM screening for a better definition on images. Samples on how it would look like is better demonstrated on the picture below.
Express RIP provides excellent color control to ensure consistent, accurate and predictable color reproduction. Users can create ICC profiles using ColorPro or can use pre-configured ICC profile plug-ins that Compose has developed for a variety of devices.
Support Multiple linear curve in 2bits, 3 bits and 4 bits dots.
Support different linear value by individual corrections
-support each primary color curve with individual corrections.
Define your own color rendering Intent
Coloring intend can be adjusted depending on requirement
like increasing/decreasing a certain color intent
Adjusting the ink dot value
Changing the Black generation method.
Spot color matching
This feature is a most popular request by Label Printers, Compose provides a Spot color matching solution, called Spot Matcher which is tie with the RIP color tablet. Spot Matcher allows users to define Spot Color visually or by measurement device, making it quick and easy to obtain an accurate value.
Compose Express RIP offers higher productivity and greater flexibility in prepress production; With resolution up to 9000 dpi it is suitable for a lot of application other than traditional book and Newspaper printing.
RIP Main interface
It's the only one commercially available which native PostScript®, native PDF and native XPS RIP for the Graphic Arts market. It can seamlessly integrate with Compose's Express workflow to create a number of printing solution as highlighted under Compose Prepress Solution on this site. Compose also provides output Driver development, which using the same RIP, users can drive their high resolution CTP and at the same time make color accurate proofs with the same RIP.
It is developed to provide you an impressive line-up of advanced screening, trapping and color management with increased efficiency. It's the ideal RIP engine to use across all your prepress and printing operations!
- Native support for PDF 1.7, also PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-3 and PDF/X- 4
- Adobe PostScript Language Level 3 compatible
- Fully support HD photo, TIFF, JPEG & GIF files format
- In-RIP font emulation and composite font support
- Enhanced color management system
- Seamless integration with Compose workflow and pressroom products
- Supports multiple input channels
- Compliant with the JDF 1.3 specifications
- Multiple screening options
- Support over 200 output devices
Supports wide range of input files
- PostScript® Language Level 1, 2 and 3 specifications,
- native support for PDF 1.7 through to PDF 1.0, also PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-3 and PDF/ X- 4, TIFFT 6, TIFF-IT/P1 (optional),
- XPS v.1.0, HD Photo, JPEG, GIF, DCS 1, DCS 2, EPS, JBIG2, and JDF 1.1a, 1.2 , 1.3 (optional).
Comprehensive range of output devices supported
(Interface card is subject to availability, please check first before placing an order)
- Agfa Accuset 800, 1000, 1000+, 1000W+, 1200, 1400, 1500, 1500+, 1500W
- Agfa Avantra 20, 25, 25E, 25S / 25XT, 30, 30E, 36, 44, 44E, 44S, 44XT
- Agfa Phoenix 2, 3, 4, NP, 2000, 2250, News
- Agfa ProSet 9400, 9550, 9600, 9700, 9800, 9836
- Agfa SelectSet 2400, 5000, 7000
- Agfa Acento E, S, IIE, IIS, LF
- Agfa Anteres 1000, 1000XT, 1600XT
- Agfa Avalon N8 10E, N8 10S, N8 20E, N8 20S/Sr, N8 50E, N8 50S, N8 50XT, N8 70XT
- Agfa Avanxis 8
- Agfa Avanxis 4 (PIF)
- Agfa Palladio I and Palladio II
- Creo Scitex Dolev 200, 250, 400, 450, 450F
- Creo Scitex Dolev 2-Press, 2-Press+, 4-News, 4-NewsVXL, 4-Press, 4-PressV, 4-PressVXL
- Creo Scitex Dolev 800, 800V, 800V2, 800V3, 800V+
- Creo Trendsetter/Heidelberg Trendsetter 3230, 3244, 400
- Fuji Celix 2000, 4000, 8000, 8200
- Fuji Dart 4300E, 4300S
- Fuji Javelin 8300E, 8300S, 8600E, 8600S, 8600Z, 8800E, 8800S,8800Z
- Fuji Luxel T-6300, T-6300CTP, T-6300CTP S, T-9000, T-9300CTP, T-9300CTP S, T-9500CTP, T-9500CTP S, T-9500CTP HS, T-9800CTP HS, T-9800CTP S, T-9800CTP HS, T-9800CTP E
- Fuji FC 5040, 5055 (PIF)
- Fuji Luxel F4080, F9000 (Fuji Sumo)
- Fuji PI 1400, PI 1400HS, PI 1800, PI 1800HS
- Fuji PIM 1400, 1400S, 1400SS, 1400HS, 1800, 1800S, 1800SS, 1800HS, 2800, 5200
- Heidelberg Herkules Pro, Pro M, NP, Basic, Elite
- Heidelberg Quasar 3020, 3030
- Heidelberg Primesetter 74, 102
- Heidelberg TopSetter 74, P74, 102, P102, PF102
- Heidelberg Prosetter P52, P74, PF74, P102, PF102
- Heidelberg QMDI press
LINOTYPE-HELL / LINOTRONIC
- Linotronic 300, 330
- Linotronic 500, 530, 560
- Linotronic 630, 630NP, 630WP
- Herkules, Herkules Basic, Herkules Elite, Herkules Pro
- Quasar 3020, Quasar 3030
PRESSTEK (SOFTWARE PLUG-IN)
- Presstek Dimension Pro 200, 400, 800, Karat
- DI 46, DI 52
- Scitex Dolev 200, 250
- Scitex Dolev 400, 450, 450F
- Scitex Dolev 2-Press, 2-Press+, 4-News, 4-NewsVXL, 4-Press, 4-PressV, 4-PressVXL
- Scitex Dolev 800, 800V, 800V2, 800V3, 800V+
- Screen FT-R 3035, 3035A, 3035S, 3050, 3050A, 3050S, 3055
- Screen Katana 5040, 5055 (SCSI card - not USB)
- Screen FT-R Katana 5040, 5055 (PIF)
- Screen DT-R 1065, 2035, 2065, 3075, 3100, 5120, 6120 (Tanto 5120, 6120)
- Screen MT-R 1100, 1120
- Screen PT-R 2000, 4000, 4100, 4300, 4300E, 4300S, 8000, 8000II, 8100, 8200, 8300E, 8300S, 8600, 8600E, 8600S/Z, 8800, 8800E, 8800S, 8800Z, 8800ZX, 8800II, 16000, 24000. 32000, 36000, 40000
Compose Low Res RIP has all the same features as Express Hi Res RIP but Low Res RIP is restricted to machine resolution limited to 1500 dpi. It is aimed at market like Inkjet, laser Printer, where many users are using it as proofer.
Compose offers a number of solution to go with this Low Res RIP, noticeably the Compose ColorExpress which is a color proofer solution, but also has feature for tiling, step and repeat on a wide format machine.
preview A product called Easybook which can turn a long PDF document into a simple booklet, whether it is perfect bounded or Saddle stiched. Adding features like cut and stack, page pairing as standard.
Recent years we add additional solutions like Label Print and Velocity (variable data solution) as a result of our success in using the Low Res RIP to interface with other printing devices.
Support wide range of input files
- PostScript® Language Level 1, 2 and 3 specifications,
- native support for PDF 1.7, also PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-3 and PDF/ X- 4,
- TIFFT 6,
- TIFF-IT/P1 (optional),
- XPS v.1.0,
- HD Photo, JPEG, GIF, DCS 1, DCS 2, EPS, JBIG2, and JDF 1.1a, 1.2 , 1.3 (optional).
Comprehensive range of output devices supported
Supports most of the popular manufacturer in the market, whether it is Inkjet Printer or Toner based machine.
Preview page before printing
Able to preview jobs before printing saving time and media wastage. Separations can be viewed individually or together in full colour.
Choice of vector and raster based in-RIP trapping options to automatically trap PostScript and PDF files as they are ripped.
CalTarget Express RIP provides excellent color control to ensure consistent, accurate and predictable color reproduction. Users can create ICC profiles using ColorPro to print, or can use pre-configured device link profile to print on most of the machine we drive.
Proof Ready Plugin
Compose offers support to various model of Epson, HP, and Canon inkjet printers. Compose plugins will run on any Harlequin RIP either for Inkjet or toner based printer like OKI or HP Laser printers for accurate color proofing.